The religious order of Saint John of God, which is almost 6 centuries old and has spread itself over practically the entire world, was settled in Biscay in 1898. In 1920, construction work began on the Home and Clinic of Saint John of God and the building was declared officially open 4 years later. The monks took care of whoever needed their help - especially children - and did so, completely free-of-charge, thanks to the generosity of the Agirre y Basagoiti brothers, founders of the Charity Organisation that bears their name.
Santurtzi has an extensive cultural, sporting and entertainment
activities program, aimed to all audiences. Check here all the
Basque cuisine is another of our highlights. Local restoration is
Santurce has be​​en
one​ of the towns that has had more boats dedicated to inshore